Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Bridget Tyler's "The Survivor"

Bridget Tyler grew up in Berkeley, California. She went on to attend NYU, living in New York and London before completing her degree and moving to Los Angeles to work in the film and television industry as an executive and writer. She now lives in Oregon with her husband, who is a robotics professor at Oregon State University, and her daughter.

Here Tyler dreamcasts the leads for an adaption of her new novel, The Survivor, a sequel to The Pioneer:
I used to do this all the time while I was writing, in an effort to really see my characters. But when you asked this question I realized I never did for the Pioneers universe - I could always see Joanna in my head, so trying to picture an actress playing the role is actually really hard. I'd want her to be played by a real teenager though, not a 20 something whose already had the chance to be famous, so I'm going to say in a dream cast Jo would be a newly "discovered" talent.

Alice on the other hand, is a fabulous role for one of the amazing grown-up-lady movie stars out there right now. Jennifer Lopez, Gina Torres, and Julia Roberts all jump to mind as people who could play bad ass commanders who are also working mamas just trying to do their jobs and hold their families together. Jodie Whittaker is a little young, but I adore her and she has the right energy for this role. It would be so fun to see the Watson family on screen!
Visit Bridget Tyler's website.

--Marshal Zeringue