Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jessica Verday's "The Hollow"

Jessica Verday wrote the first draft of her debut novel, The Hollow, by hand, using thirteen spiral-bound notebooks and fifteen black pens. She likes: things that smell nice, rainy nights, old books, cemeteries, Johnny Cash, zombie movies, L.J. Smith books, abandoned buildings, trains, and snow. She is currently hand-writing the continuation of Abbey and Caspian’s story from her home in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.

Here she shares her preferences for the actors in an adaptation of The Hollow:
For my two main characters, I picture Abbey being played by Alexis Bledel and Caspian being played by either Tom Felton or Gaspard Ulliel.

For Nikolas I've pictured mostly Johnny Cash or Michael Caine.

As far as the rest of the cast, they are still part of my imagination although I think I'd like to hear my readers' thoughts.
Watch the video trailer for The Hollow, and learn more about the book and author at Jessica Verday's website.

--Marshal Zeringue