Saturday, March 25, 2017

Becky Masterman's "A Twist of the Knife"

Becky Masterman grew up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and received her MA in creative writing from Florida Atlantic University.

When she dreamcasted Fear the Darkness, the second book in the Brigid Quinn Series, she imagined Jamie Lee Curtis in the Quinn role.

Here Masterman takes a different approach for casting the lead for an adaptation of A Twist of the Knife, the third book in the series:
When I first conceived Brigid Quinn, I had been reading a Jack Reacher novel. So I thought, what if Jack Reacher were a woman? Then I thought, what if Jack Reacher were a woman approaching 60? She'd be smart, and sexy, and physically fit, and could kill a man with her bare hands. So I guess Tom Cruise has to play her. She's a little shorter but I think he could manage it, and he'd look good in a white pony tail.
Visit Becky Masterman's website.

My Book, The Movie: Rage Against the Dying.

My Book, The Movie: Fear the Darkness.

--Marshal Zeringue