Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sara Sheridan's "England Expects"

Sara Sheridan is an Edinburgh-based novelist who writes cosy crime noir mysteries set in 1950s Brighton and historical novels based on the real-life stories of late Georgian and early Victorian explorers.

Here she shares some thoughts about dreamcasting an adaptation of her new novel, England Expects, for the big screen:
I run a list at the back of my diary of actors I think could play roles in the Mirabelle books. Sometimes I spot a character actor in a minor role in a TV drama and I just know they’d be perfect for someone in the series so I take a note. But the thing is, I can’t tell you. I’m not going to tell you - because then if that person doesn’t get the part and somebody else does, well, it’s not polite, is all. And I’m British and very well brought up so - I can’t imagine spilling the beans! So Mum’s the word. But the series is currently with STV Productions and they are working with a screenwriter (hurrah) so maybe we’ll get to see who actually plays Mirabelle soon. I hope so!
Visit Sara Sheridan's website.

Learn more about England Expects.

--Marshal Zeringue