Sunday, June 21, 2020

Catherine McKenzie's "You Can't Catch Me"

Catherine McKenzie was born and raised in Montreal, where she now practices law. Her bestselling novels include Spin, Arranged, Forgotten, Hidden, Smoke, The Good Liar and I'll Never Tell.

Here she dreamcasts an adaptation of her new novel, You Can't Catch Me:
I often get asked if my books were made into a film, who would play the lead roles. This is a difficult question for me because, although I do describe my characters, they are not necessarily fully physical humans to me. What I've found is that I often react negatively to certain suggestions -- not her, I've been known to say, but don't have a clear view in mind of who should play what person. That being said, here's a few possibilities:

Jessica Williams (Jessica 1, the main character): Jennifer Lawrence, Shailene Woodley

Jessie (Jessica 3): Emma Stone

JJ (Jessica 4): Emma Watson

Liam: Clive Owen, Simon Baker

But honestly, it would just be so cool to have the book become a movie or a TV show that I don't think I would be picky!

--Marshal Zeringue