Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Susie Steiner's "Missing, Presumed"

Susie Steiner is a former Guardian journalist. She was a commissioning editor for that paper for eleven years and prior to that worked for The Times, The Daily Telegraph, and the Evening Standard. She lives in London with her husband and two children.

Here Steiner dreamcasts an adaptation of Missing, Presumed, her second novel:
I've probably given this more thought than I ought to, as Missing, Presumed has been optioned for television here in the UK. It was hard to think of an actress for Manon, as in my mind she's such a big character and no actress seemed to fill her boots. But I've recently watched Keeley Hawes in UK dramas Line of Duty and The Durrells and think she has the knack for comedy that Manon needs.

Will Carter clearly needs to be played by someone devastatingly handsome, so James Norton would do the trick.

And as I was writing, I pictured Charles Dance and Judi Dench as Sir Ian and Miriam Hind, though in fact they are a decade older than the characters should be.
Visit Susie Steiner's website.

Writers Read: Susie Steiner.

The Page 69 Test: Missing, Presumed.

--Marshal Zeringue