Friday, June 9, 2017

Sarah Creech's "The Whole Way Home"

Sarah Creech is the author of two novels, Season of the Dragonflies and The Whole Way Home.

Here she dreamcasts the leads for an adaptation of The Whole Way Home:
I’m not the kind of writer who thinks of actors and actresses while I’m writing a novel (maybe I should try that in my next book).

If I could choose a totally unknown, untrained actress to play my main character, Joanne Lover, I would choose Margo Price, who recently signed with Jack White’s label Third Man Records. Her album’s title song “Hands of Time” follows Jo’s life trajectory so closely that it spooked me the first time I listened to the song. And to see Margo Price perform in person is to know what country music star power and greatness really looks like, especially when she wears her hot pink fringe dress. She emits a golden light. Also, Kacey Musgraves would be a perfect fit for Jo!

As for my male protagonist, J.D. Gunn, I think I’d choose Colin Farrell, with one caveat: he’d have to wear bright blue contacts. Otherwise, he has the perfect stature and presence to play J.D. If he turned down the role, I’m sure Jake Gyllenhaal would be a great fit too! But if we go back in time, Dolly Parton and Elvis would know exactly what to do with characters like mine.
Visit Sarah Creech's website.

--Marshal Zeringue