Monday, July 22, 2019

Jennifer Honeybourn's "Just My Luck"

Jennifer Honeybourn is a fan of British accents, Broadway musicals, and epic, happily-ever-after love stories. If she could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, she’d have high tea with Walt Disney, JK Rowling, and her nana. She lives in Stratford, Ontario with her husband, daughter and cat in a house filled with books.

Here Honeybourn dreamcasts an adaptation of her new novel, Just My Luck:
I think it’s probably every writer’s dream to see one of their books made into a movie. One of the first things I do when I start a new book is cast the characters in my head — and for some reason, I usually pull from Disney Channel stars. For Just My Luck, I imagined:

Marty Taylor: Laura Marano. She starred on the Disney Channel’s Austin and Ally and, more recently, in The Perfect Date on Netflix. I especially loved her character in that movie.

Will Foster: Noah Centineo. He was really great in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, the Netflix adaption of Jenny Han’s wonderful book. And, coincidentally, he starred opposite Laura Marano in The Perfect Date. Plus, it wouldn’t take much to style his hair into Will’s trademark pompadour.

Hayes Foster: I think Bradley Steven Perry, who was on Good Luck Charlie, has the perfect look for Hayes, Will’s spoiled and very entitled younger brother.

Ansel Taylor: Ansel is a redhead, so I think KG Apa, the actor who stars as Archie Andrews on Riverdale would fit the part.

Nalani xx: Auli'i Cravalho, the actress who played Moana. She’s also a beautiful singer, so maybe she could sing something for the soundtrack!

Director: I would love for Ali Wong to direct Just My Luck. I loved Always Be My Maybe and I think her sense of humor would elevate the book.
Visit Jennifer Honeybourn's website.

--Marshal Zeringue