Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Phillip Margolin's "A Reasonable Doubt"

Phillip Margolin has written over twenty novels, most of them New York Times bestsellers, including Gone But Not Forgotten, Lost Lake, and Violent Crimes.

In addition to being a novelist, he was a long time criminal defense attorney with decades of trial experience, including a large number of capital cases.

Here Margolin dreamcasts the lead for an adaptation of his new novel, A Reasonable Doubt, the third book in his series featuring Robin Lockwood, ex-MMA fighter and Yale law school graduate:
I don't think about who would play a character in one of my books if it was made into a movie. Two of my books have made it to the screen and actors I would not have cast in the lead roles did terrific jobs, so I have decided that I do not have what it takes to cast a movie.

That being said, I think Chloë Grace Moretz would be perfect as Robin Lockwood. She appeared in Kick Ass and one of my favorite films, 500 Days of Summer. She's about the right age and has the type of looks Robin has.
Visit Phillip Margolin's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: A Reasonable Doubt.

--Marshal Zeringue