Friday, April 10, 2020

Patricia Marcantonio's "Felicity Carrol and the Murderous Menace"

Patricia Marcantonio was born in Pueblo, Colorado. She has won awards for her journalism, short stories and screenplays. Her children's book Red Ridin’ in the Hood and Other Cuentos has earned an Anne Izard Storyteller’s Choice Award and was named an Americas Award for Children’s and Young Adult Literature Commended Title, and one of the Wilde Awards Best Collections to Share with recommendations from Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books. She now lives in Idaho.

Here Marcantonio dreamcasts an adaptation of her first Felicity Carrol mystery, Felicity Carrol and the Murderous Menace:
Being such a huge movie fan, I really love this idea. I've talked to writers who will picture certain actors when writing characters. I don't do that. But after the book is published, I do amuse myself thinking who would be great if my novel is adapted into film (which I always hope for.)

For Felicity Carrol and the Murderous Menace here is my dream cast and I had so much fun putting it together.
Felicity - Margot Robbie

Jackson Davies - Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Sheriff Tom Pike - Chris Evans

Hellie - Emma Thompson

Reverend Phoenix - Ron Perlman

Dr. Lennox - Tom Hiddleston

Mrs. Albert - Robin Wright
Hollywood please take notice.
Visit Patricia Marcantonio's website.

The Page 69 Test: Felicity Carrol and the Murderous Menace.

Writers Read: Patricia Marcantonio.

--Marshal Zeringue