Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Soraya Lane's "Under a Sky of Memories"

Soraya M. Lane graduated with a law degree before realizing that law wasn't the career for her and that her future was in writing. She is the author of historical and contemporary women's fiction, and her novel Wives of War was an Amazon Charts bestseller.

Lane lives on a small farm in her native New Zealand with her husband, their two sons and a collection of four legged friends. When she's not writing, she loves to be outside playing make-believe with her children or snuggled up inside reading.

Here Lane dreamcasts an adaptation of her new novel, Under a Sky of Memories:
If I’m completely honest, I spend a lot of time dreaming about my books being made into films! I suppose it’s the ultimate dream of any writer, and I would just love to see one of my books on screen.

I’m quite a visual writer, in the fact that I like to have my Pinterest board for my story complete before I start writing, and I look at that board every day. I have a photo for each main character and images of the setting too. For Under a Sky of Memories, Emilia Clarke would be my first choice if I were casting roles. Visually she inspired the character Vita, but honestly I’d cast Emilia in any role for any of my books, because I just love her acting and feel she would be perfect for the time period! Emily Blunt was also, visually, an inspiration for me. I would cast her as my other main character, Evelyn, and once again I would happily cast her as a lead in any of my books that made it to the screen. She has a timeless quality about her that I feel is ideal for WWII films, and I also like her strength.

So Emilia and Emily, I have the perfect roles waiting for you both!
Visit Soraya Lane's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Spitfire Girls.

Q&A with Soraya M. Lane.

--Marshal Zeringue