Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Katie Tallo's "Poison Lilies"

Katie Tallo has been an award-winning screenwriter and director for more than two decades. In 2012, she was inspired to begin writing novels. Dark August is her debut novel. Tallo has a daughter and lives with her husband in Ottawa, Ontario.

Here Tallo dreamcasts the lead for an adaptation of her new novel, Poison Lilies:
I spent my early career making films and writing screenplays so as I transitioned to novel writing, the visual focus in storytelling always stayed with me. When I’m writing I often imagine the lights, the sounds, locations and sets, the actors, and I hear the dialogue (often saying it out loud).

If Poison Lilies was made into a film, I’ve love to see either Sadie Sink (Stranger Things) or Sophia Lillis (It, Uncle Frank) cast as the lead, Augusta Monet. I think both these actors can play tough, sassy, fearless, independent and vulnerable characters—like Gus. It also doesn’t hurt that they're both redheads like Gus!
Visit Katie Tallo's website.

The Page 69 Test: Dark August.

Q&A with Katie Tallo.

The Page 69 Test: Poison Lilies.

--Marshal Zeringue