Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Leslie Hooton's "After Everyone Else"

Leslie Hooton is the author of three novels. Her debut novel, Before Anyone Else, garnered a Zibby nomination. Her second novel, The Secret of Rainy Days, was a book club favorite. Her newly released third novel, After Everyone Else, is the sequel to Before Everyone Else.

Here Hooton dreamcasts an adaptation of After Everyone Else:
Thumbnail take on After Everyone Else: "Family Dynamic with a murder mystery mashup."

Bailey Edgeworth, a famed restaurant designer, is arrested for the murder of her ex-husband. If the murder accusation isn't enough she is trying to balance her husband, her "junior terriorist teenager" and her skyrocketing career.

I don't have particular actors in mind when I am writing however once the book is submitted my imagination runs free. Every time I watch a movie or TV show I think "Oh, he would be a good Griffin." or " She would be a good Bailey." In After Everyone Else, for Bailey I see Daisy Edgar Jones because there is something mysterious about both women, and I always pictured Bailey as a brunette. They are both strong, determined and I love their sense of style.

Griffin always struck me as lanky and scruffy. I see Anders Holm (Workaholic and The Mindy Project), but I wouldn't mind Andrew Garfield.

Julia Garner is having a moment. I love her spunk and confidence so I would love to see her as Charlie.

I have always thought of Henry as too good looking for his own good. James Mardsen with his beautiful eyes and hair is my Henry pick.
Visit Leslie Hooton's website.

The Page 69 Test: After Everyone Else.

--Marshal Zeringue