Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hannah Nordhaus's "The Beekeeper's Lament"

Award-winning journalist Hannah Nordhaus has written for the Los Angeles Times, the Financial Times, the Village Voice, Outside magazine, and other publications.

Here she shares some cast preferences for an adaptation of her new book, The Beekeeper's Lament: How One Man and Half a Billion Honey Bees Help Feed America:
I want Nicholson! Jack Nicholson and my main character, migratory beekeeper John Miller, have the same booming voice (though Miller doesn’t growl quite so much), a similar, eye-rolling sense of drama, a frenetic vibe, and a wicked sense of humor. They even have the same hairline. Sure, Nicholson’s older than my beekeeper-in-mid-career (and mid-life) crisis, but there’s hair dye for that, right? If Nicholson doesn’t work out, I’ll take Chris Cooper. I’d like Jack Lemmon, back from the dead, to play Miller’s best friend Larry Krause. And I only ask that someone beautiful play me, so I can bask in her reflected loveliness. She must have curly hair, so bees can get stuck in it.
Learn more about the book and author at Hannah Nordhaus's website and blog.

The Page 99 Test: The Beekeeper's Lament.

--Marshal Zeringue