Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sarah Strohmeyer's "This Is My Brain on Boys"

Sarah Strohmeyer is a bestselling and award-winning novelist whose books include The Secrets of Lily Graves, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True, Smart Girls Get What They Want, The Cinderella Pact (which became the Lifetime Original Movie Lying to Be Perfect), The Sleeping Beauty Proposal, The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives, Sweet Love, and the Bubbles mystery series.

Here Strohmeyer dreamcasts an adaptation of her new novel, This Is My Brain on Boys:
I suppose I had Ellen Page in mind when I wrote about my extremely literal, brilliant and warm-hearted character Addie. (Poor Ellen. The curses of a youthful face!)

For Tess, her redheaded, wild, intuitive friend, I would love Jennifer Lawrence, and for Kris, I like Ellar Coltrane because I think he can pull off a serious guy with a definite insouciance.

But, to be honest, when I wrote the book I had in mind my son’s friends who are now juniors in college. That was the way it was with Smart Girls Get What They Want, too…. I like blending characteristics of people I know.
Visit Sarah Strohmeyer's website.

The Page 69 Test: This Is My Brain on Boys.

Writers Read: Sarah Strohmeyer.

--Marshal Zeringue