Sunday, August 14, 2016

Danny Johnson's "The Last Road Home"

Danny Johnson's writing follows the tradition of Southern authors whose characters most often represent the disenfranchised in society, examining their struggles to overcome in a world that does not acknowledge them to be of value nor recognize their humanity.

Here Johnson dreamcasts an adaptation of his new novel, The Last Road Home:
If I were fortunate enough to have The Last Road Home made into a movie, the two lead characters I would like to see are: Willow Smith to play the role of Fancy, she has the look and the attitude I would identify with the character Fancy.

As for the male lead, I’m thinking Jimmy ‘Jax’ Pinchak, because he has the look I could identify with my character, Junebug.

They are both about the right age and I have seen them both in some roles I like.

And as for a director, it’s an easy choice: Ron Howard. I have followed his career since he played Opie, and he has proven to be an outstanding director…
Visit Danny Johnson's website.

--Marshal Zeringue