Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jessica Brody's "Unremembered"

Jessica Brody is the author of 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, My Life Undecided, The Karma Club, and the recently released, Unremembered, the first in a sci-fi/suspense/romance trilogy. Her books have been translated and published in over 15 countries and several have been optioned for film and TV. Sometimes she wishes her memories could be erased so she could reread all her favorite books for the first time. She splits her time between California and Colorado.

Here Brody shares some suggestions for casting an adaptation of Unremembered:
Recently, I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful person named Michelle Levy who is an author and professional casting director She’s worked on projects like My Name Is Earl, Mr. Popper's Penguins, and she just worked on the new Vampire Academy film.

Michelle happened to have read Unremembered, my latest sci-fi thriller release and I was so thrilled when she put together a dream cast for me based on who she pictured while reading the book.

I’m usually very bad at dream casting my own books. But I think Michelle nailed these picks. And here they are…

SERAPHINA

Actress Name: India Eisley

Where You’ve Seen Her: The Secret Life of the American Teenager

My Reaction: Yes! Yes! Yes! With some purple contacts India is Seraphina!!!

ZEN

Actor Name: Steven R. McQueen

Where You’ve Seen Him: The Vampire Diaries

My Reaction: OMG! Zen! I’ve always loved The Vampire Diaries. And I think Steven definitely captures that “desperate need to protect” that Zen embodies.

CODY

Actor Name: Chandler Canterbury

Where You’ve Seen Him: The Host, Knowing, Fringe

My Reaction: This is exactly how I pictured Cody. We’ll have to “nerd” him up a bit, but Chandler is perfection!

About Unremembered:

When a sixteen year old girl wakes up among the wreckage of a devastating plane crash with no memories, she’s forced to piece together her forgotten past with only one clue to her identity— a mysterious boy who claims he helped her escape from a top-secret science experiment.
Learn more about the book and author at Jessica Brody's website and blog.

Writers Read: Jessica Brody (October 2009).

My Book, The Movie: 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.

Writers Read: Jessica Brody (August 2012).

--Marshal Zeringue