Friday, August 9, 2013

Stewart Lewis's "The Secret Ingredient"

Stewart Lewis is a singer-songwriter and radio journalist and is the author of You Have Seven Messages. He lives in Washington, D.C.

Here Lewis shares some reflections on the adaptation of his new novel, The Secret Ingredient:
Well, it actually is becoming a movie, and I just went to Birmingham Alabama to oversee the shooting of some scenes. I got to pick out what the main character (Olivia) was going to wear. I got to meet the cast members, most of which look exactly how I pictured them! It is a very small, independent production but still thrilling to me. I'm not sure how the end result will turn out, but my feeling is that no matter how big the budget, or how shiny the stars, a movie rarely lives up to a book. Don't judge a book by its movie.
Learn more about the book and author at Stewart Lewis's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Writers Read: Stewart Lewis.

--Marshal Zeringue