Thursday, October 31, 2013

G. R. Mannering's "Roses"

G. R. Mannering is an English writer and international author. She signed up with literary agency Creative Authors when she was eighteen and secured her first UK publishing deal when she was nineteen.

Here she dreamcasts an adaptation of her first fantasy novel Roses, a retelling of Beauty and the Beast:
I think choosing someone to play my main character, Beauty, is the most difficult. Whoever they are, they would have to be happy to go through a few hours of make-up (Beauty has silver skin and white hair). She ages over the course of the book too so there would have to be a younger version and an older version. But I guess that right now, I get to choose, so I think that I would go for someone ethereal-looking like Saoirse Ronan or maybe Dakota Fanning.

The Beast would spend most of the movie as... a beast, so I think that I would have to focus on his voice and in an ideal world I'd go for someone like Richard Armitage for the deep tone and the fact that he's slightly older. The kindly stable manager, Owaine, would be someone like  Brian Blessed, while the creepy, handsome character of Eli could be Ed Westwick (because, why not).

It would be pretty amazing if  Emma Thompson was Asha and then I think that Jamie Foxx would most accurately fit the picture of The Sorcerer that I have in my head.

If only all of that could actually happen!
Learn more about the book and author at G. R. Mannering's website, blog, Facebook page and Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue