Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tom Leveen's "Sick"

Tom Leveen is the author of Party, Zero, and manicpixiedreamgirl. Zero was named to YALSA’s list of Best Fiction for Young Adults.

Here Leveen dreamcasts an adaptation of Sick, his first foray into the horror genre:
I don’t get out much anymore. There, I’ve said it. Who’s hot, who’s not? No clue. But here’s what I’d love to see happen with Sick, the movie:

Brian, played by a young River Phoenix. That would have been awesome.

Kenzie, played by Vanessa Marano or Mae Whitman. (Both are technically too old now, but it’s good base to work from.)

Jaime, played by a young Lou Diamond Phillips! That would be so kick ass.

But really, if it was up to me (and it never would be), I’d push for a cast of unknowns. That way they’re free to invest in the story and the characters.

Also…I just don’t watch enough TV or see enough movies to know who else to pick from! Everyone I’d choose was probably hot in the eighties, that much I know. I suppose if I watched Glee, I’d have a better idea…? #showingmyage

Having said that, I do know that if either Aaron Sorkin or Joss Whedon wanted a crack at adapting the novel for a screenplay, I could probably be talked into that…
Learn more about the book and author at Tom Leveen's website.

My Book, The Movie: Zero.

--Marshal Zeringue