Sunday, May 3, 2015

Tina Connolly's "Seriously Wicked"

Tina Connolly is the author of the Ironskin trilogy from Tor Books, and the Seriously Wicked series, from Tor Teen. Ironskin, her first fantasy novel, was a Nebula finalist.

Here she dreamcasts an adaptation of Seriously Wicked:
I happen to think that Seriously Wicked would make the most delightful movie (along the lines of one of my old favorites, Teen Witch.) I can also easily imagine it as a funny TV series with new adventures in stopping megalomaniac witch Sarmine every week.

My heroine Cam! - I need someone who can believably go around stopping wicked witches and saving boys from demons, with a healthy sense of irony while doing it. I think Kiernan Shipka has been doing some really interesting work and might be fun.

Cute boy-band boy Devon – Okay, if I were casting this ten years ago I’d go with Zac Efron, for a great triple threat of acting/singing/comedian-ing. The demon takes over his body, so it would be a fun role for an actor. He’d get to flip back and forth between sweet boy-band boy Devon, and the ultra-cold-hearted demon who occasionally likes to imitate Elvis! And then, of course, he sings a rock song to Cam....

Ultra-chic BFF Jenah – Jenah is Chinese-American, super-cool, and obsessed with dragons. Chinese-Dutch-Canadian Kristin Kreuk is probably no longer playing teens, but I always liked her work.

Top girl in school Sparkle – Rila Fukushima, who was super fun in Wolverine, would be fun as this stone-cold head girl with some secret layers to her.

Wicked Witch Sarmine – This one I totally know. I generally imagine her as Meryl Streep from The Devil Wears Prada, right down to that haircut.
Visit Tina Connolly's website, blog, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Copperhead.

The Page 69 Test: Copperhead.

The Page 69 Test: Silverblind.

My Book, The Movie: Silverblind.

--Marshal Zeringue