Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Shannon Grogan's "From Where I Watch You"

Shannon Grogan is a 2nd grade teacher who writes at night, and at Starbucks or the library while her kids are at ballet and baseball, in a tiny logging town east of Seattle, WA. She holds degrees in education and graphic design/illustration. When she isn’t writing or teaching, she likes baking (gluten-free), shopping at Target, losing to her kids at Skip Bo or Apples to Apples, camping, or wishing she was on a beach. But usually she’s reading, or watching scary movies like Jaws, or reality TV like Cake Boss or Long Island Medium.

Here Grogan shares some ideas about adapting her new YA thriller, From Where I Watch You, for the big screen:
This is easy. If they made my book into a film, I'd love two totally unknown actors to play the lead roles. I definitely have a visual image for my characters, and they don’t look like anyone I know or have seen in real life. Well, except Charlie—he has hair like Josh Duhamel.

I think Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, if they were younger, could play the characters, but they kind of have a famous movie together. (The Notebook!)

As for directors, David Lynch (Twin Peaks). We were born in the same town, Missoula, Montana, so, you know…

Of course if he were still around, Alfred Hitchcock. A girl can dream, can’t she?
Visit Shannon Grogan's website.

--Marshal Zeringue