Monday, August 13, 2018

Michael J. Sullivan's Riyria Revelations series

Michael J. Sullivan's books include the Riyria Revelations series: Theft of Swords, Rise of Empire, and Heir of Novron.

Here the author dreamcasts an adaptation of the series:
When I first conceived of the Riyria Revelations, it was the 1990s. I saw Braveheart and The Man In The Iron Mask and thought Mel Gibson and Jeremy Irons could play Hadrian and Royce in the movie version. They are now 62 and 69 years of age, so that no longer works. And that’s my problem. Actors get old while my characters remain young. I had the characters cast, but alas, time ruined everything.

I gave up trying to cast them, until recently when two actors appeared on screen together that I thought would work. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston. Only problem with that—these two are doing pretty well for themselves these days and would be a tad expensive to hire for the roles. However, if they happen to be fans of Riyria, and reading this post, as I’m certain they are, and interested in working for scale to bring the world of Elan to life. Call me.
Visit Michael J. Sullivan's website.

--Marshal Zeringue