Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mike Maden's "Blue Warrior"

Growing up in a working class family in central California, Mike Maden spent a fair share of his youth in slaughter houses, canneries and feed mills but a lifelong fascination with history and politics ultimately led to a Ph.D. in political science from the University of California (Davis) focusing on the areas of conflict, technology and international relations. After brief stints as a campus lecturer, political consultant and media commentator, Maden turned to studies in theology and a decade of work with a Dallas-based non-profit where he eventually discovered fiction writing. Drone was the result of a recent challenge by two published friends to try his hand at a novel. Written primarily in Texas, Blue Warrior was edited in the shadow of the gorgeous Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee where Maden and his wife Angela now happily reside.

Here Maden dreamcasts an adaptation of Blue Warrior:
I chose Gary Sinise to play the lead role of Troy Pearce the first time I visited this blog, but my dear wife has since informed me that as much as she admires Mr. Sinise’s tremendous acting skill, she thinks the better choice to play Troy would be Hugh Jackman. Despite the fact that Troy Pearce never sings nor flashes adamantine claws out of the back of his hands, I began to see her point. He has the physicality and presence to play the character. And since I dedicated Blue Warrior to my wife, it occurs to me her opinion should matter most—at least this go around.
Visit Mike Maden's website, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

My Book, The Movie: Drone.

The Page 69 Test: Drone.

--Marshal Zeringue