Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Soraya Lane's "The Spitfire Girls"

Soraya M. Lane graduated with a law degree before realizing that law wasn't the career for her and that her future was in writing. She is the author of historical and contemporary women's fiction, and her novel Wives of War was an Amazon Charts bestseller.

Lane lives on a small farm in her native New Zealand with her husband, their two young sons and a collection of four legged friends. When she's not writing, she loves to be outside playing make-believe with her children or snuggled up inside reading.

Here Lane dreamcasts an adaptation of her new novel, The Spitfire Girls:
I am very visual when I start writing a new book, and I like to be able to “see” my characters, so I actually spend time “casting” my characters, which usually involves scanning the internet for images to match with each character, and then I create a Pinterest board. For my new release, The Spitfire Girls, I would love to see Emilia Clarke (of Game of Thrones & Me Before You fame) as my petite, gutsy pilot Ruby; Jessica Biel as capable leader May; and Jennifer Lawrence as brazen, gorgeous American pilot Lizzie. And my favourite hero in the story is Benjamin, and I’ve always imagined him as Tom Hardy.

Last year, one of the most exciting moments of my career happened when I signed with film agent Addison Duffy at United Talent Agency. We had a very surreal phone call about my books, and she wanted to know my dream list of producers/directors/actors. So now I’m always writing thinking “imagine if this was turned into a film”. It may never happen, but a girl can dream!
Visit Soraya Lane's website.

--Marshal Zeringue