Monday, February 4, 2019

Jane Corry's "The Dead Ex"

Jane Corry is the author of The Dead Ex, published by Pamela Dorman Books. Her previous books, My Husband’s Wife and Blood Sisters, were international bestsellers.

Here Corry dreamcasts an adaptation of The Dead Ex:
Last year, My Husband’s Wife (my first book for Penguin) was optioned for television by Big Talk and Mr Mudd. So exciting! When I write, I always see the plot and characters visually, rather like a film. Lots of readers have contacted me, saying they’d love to see The Dead Ex on screen. I do hope that will happen one day! If it does, I’d love the following characters to play the leads. However, I should add a note here to say that I’m more familiar with actors of my generation than the younger ones. So I have taken that into account as you will see from below!

Vicki, the aromatherapist with a dark past: Nicole Kidman. She would give Vicki that vital combination of edginess and vulnerability.

Scarlet, the little girl who is connected in some way with Vicki (I won’t spoil the plot by revealing how!): A female young Macaulay Culkin.

Helen, the young woman who has set her sights on David: Daisy Ridley. By coincidence, I was in the same class as Louise, her mother – our parents used to share the school run - and Daisy is the spitting image of my old contemporary in looks! Every time I see Daisy on screen, I feel as though I’m in school uniform again….

David, the no-good husband of Vicki: Dominic West. I can’t decide if he terrifies me or whether he’s just devastatingly attractive. Maybe a bit of both which is why he would be perfect for the part.
Follow Jane Corry on Twitter and Facebook.

My Book, The Movie: My Husband's Wife.

My Book, The Movie: Blood Sisters.

The Page 69 Test: The Dead Ex.

--Marshal Zeringue